Audio interviews are coming soon. Please check back for new content.
Andrew Weins included in Vet’s Day slideshow with link to JDog website . Read more
Announcement of Rockwall one-year celebration and new ownership under the Joplins. Read more
Kevin Kopa quoted in story about winning government contracts and resources that can help Read more
What are your plans after your military career? Recent adjustments in defense spending is spurring changes to the size of the nation’s military forces, motivating veterans to consider alternatives to military careers.
For instance, the U.S. Department of Defense is expected to greatly reduce the size of active military service members. In fact, the U.S. DOD anticipates demobilizing upwards of 1 million active duty servicemen by 2019. As a result, there will be an influx of military veterans entering the private and public sector.
What’s your best option? There is a growing list of business opportunities for veterans, but few can offer the same advantages as JDog Junk Removal & Hauling. From the very foundation of our brand, we operate on three simple pillars – respect, integrity and trust.
With these ideals at the core of everything we do, owners have the opportunity to focus squarely on the performance of their business—and we’ve built a brand that embodies simplicity for owners and operators.
Junk Removal – It’s Not Rocket Science
In truth, the junk removal business isn’t all that complicated. The pain point that most homeowners have falls into a single broad category: clutter. However, the point at which junk becomes a burden is:
- Natural disasters
- Growing likelihood of relocating
- New family members
- Increased consumerism
These events lead to higher volumes of consumable goods that can quickly overtake limited spaces. The solution is equally straightforward and is the premise for JDog Junk Removal & Hauling: Get professionals to remove the clutter quickly, efficiently and punctually. By doing so, you almost guarantee customer satisfaction, repeat business and referrals in your local community.
JDog’s business model is equally simple. As an operator your primary expenses will be:
- Vehicle – We recommend JDog Junk Removal & Hauling business owners use an H2 Hummer, Pick Up Truck or Jeep Wrangler as their primary vehicle. Especially with branded graphics, they not only act as an additional form of marketing as you drive to customer’s locations, but they also help to embody the military image that typifies our brand. However, if an owner already has an approved vehicle, that’s one less expense they have to worry about.
- Trailer/Dollies/Carts – To effectively provide customers with excellent service, business operators are also required to have a 6’ x 12’ high-side utility trailer with six-foot walls. This will used to haul and remove junk from customers’ premises as well as store dollies and carts to assist you in moving larger items.
- Vehicle Signage – JDog operators’ vehicles are dual-purpose towing equipment and marketing and advertising tools. The wrap is affixed to your Hummer, Pick Up Truck or Jeep, ensuring your customers and other consumers can recognize the brand in your local community.
- Computer – To operate your business, you’ll need a laptop or IPad and a secure, reliable internet connection. You’re in transit on a daily basis, meaning you’ll need portable technology that allows you to connect on the go.
- Cell phone – Since owners operate a mobile business, it’s important to always be in touch. Considering 92 percent of U.S. adults have a cell phone, this shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Software – Because JDog Junk Removal & Hauling is a service-oriented business, it’s integral that operators are punctual. For that reason, scheduling software is required, as is Quickbooks financial software to help you with recordkeeping and billing.
Compared to a lot of business concepts, the fundamental aspects of operating a JDog Junk Removal & Hauling business is about as simple as it gets. This is the type of business you can operate out of you home if you have the space. Or you can opt to purchase or rent commercial space to develop an office location.
In addition to day-to-day simple operations, JDog Junk Removal & Hauling also provides business owners with a number of support systems to ensure you’re operating at optimal levels, including:
- Social media marketing training and support
- Guerrilla marketing training and support
- Trademarked media kits
- Online automated scheduling
- Toll Free national phone number
- Grand opening support
- Corporate contract referrals
- Government contract assistance
- Workforce coordinating support
- 5 day JDog Boot Camp training at HQ
- Continuous operational support
- Advisory Board- all Veteran/ former business leaders
From multiple angles, JDog Junk Removal & Hauling assists military business owners in operating their location to help them focus on their top priorities. Coupled with the fact that junk removal is a recession-resistant, lucrative investment, it’s an ideal pathway for military veterans looking to take control of their career.
For more information on investing in the JDog Junk Removal & Hauling business opportunity, visit us here.
For many aspiring entrepreneurs, your passion is the primary driving force that gives you the energy and self-confidence to achieve success as a small-business owner.
In fact, a recent survey among small-business owners conducted by Constant Contact found that 65 percent of them anticipate having a flourishing business just five years down the road. Your enthusiasm can certainly act as the fuel to keep you going during those first few rough months, positive cash flow is truly the biggest differentiator.
Unfortunately, optimism doesn’t pay the bills. And this is a huge point of differentiation between independent business owners and JDog Junk Removal & Hauling operators. For military veterans and their family members, it’s important that your investment in becoming a small-business owner pays off.
Being a JDog Junk Removal & Hauling owner has advantages over other business opportunities when it comes to return on investment.
Time Spent Ramping Up Your Business
When you think about a professional who sacrifices everything to achieve success, many people think of the “starving artist.” In other words, someone driven by their passion to succeed on a limited budget without ever knowing when their big break will come.
This equally reflects the experiences that many independent business owners go through in their commitment to build a thriving business. According to an article for SmallBizTrends, it’s normal for new independent business owners not to see a profit for the first two years. That’s why a lot of the advice for aspiring entrepreneurs puts a heavy emphasis on having sufficient savings to fall back on—in addition to any loans you receive from banks and other organizations.
In contrast, JDog Junk Removal & Hauling owners tend to see positive cash flow in a shorter time frame. Initially, the estimated investment will range between $41,700 and $104,000, which is lower than many other types of business concepts. Within the first year of operating your JDog Junk Removal & Hauling business, you’re likely to begin seeing a return on your initial investment. But like any pursuit, you’ll need to put in the necessary effort to reach that goal.
A Business Model Built for Military Veterans and Their Family
Meanwhile, owning a JDog Removal & Hauling business provides operators with a number of other benefits over becoming an independent business owner. First, you’re joining a community of military veteran business owners who understand what it means to sacrifice for a purpose that goes beyond yourself.
In addition, you’re able to take advantage of a business opportunity that has:
- Simple operations
- Unlimited demand
- Low start-up costs
- High profit margins
- Multiple revenue streams
On top of that, you get access to unparalleled support throughout your experience building your business. Above all, this is a business opportunity dedicated to giving military veterans and their family members the ability to create a sustainable business that provides long-term financial success.
To learn more, visit us here and get started.